ALD equipments are designed to the oxide and nitride film deposition. In Micronova there is two ALD equipments (ALD1(PEALD capable) and ALD2) in the clean room finger F9. The equipments are build on same frame but accessories are different. Both equipments are in common use. Micronova ALDs are mainly used to grow
• ICP-RIE etch stop layers (Al2O3, AlN)
• Insulating layers (Al2O3, AlN)
• Semiconductor materials (ZnO, TiN)
• Optical thin film applications as filter structures (TiO2, Al2O3)
• Novel materials and applications
Key Features and Accessories:
• Four liquid precursors: H2O, TMA, TiCl4 and DEZn
• Three precursor gases: NH3, O2 and O3
• Two possibility for the carrier gas: N2 or Ar
• Plasma ALD reactor. Operating temperature from 20 to 450 °C
• Water cooling
• Maximum wafer size 200 mm
Sample size < 200 mm wafer. Also thicker samples can be coated up to 15 mm thickness with lifting ring.
• Compound semiconductors (such as GaN, InP, GaAs)
• Polymers (such as SU-8, AZ-resists, PMMA)
• Some metals such as (Al, Cr, Ge, Ti)
• Glasses (such as soda lime glass)
• Noble metals (such as Au, Ag, Pt, Cu, Pd)
• Heavy metals (such as Cd, Pb, Zn)
• Clean room incompatible materials (such as silicones, wood, paper etc.)
- PEALD requires special permission.
- When operated in plasma mode normal thermal ALD is forbidden.