ALD3 or metal-ALD is primarily intended for the deposition of metals and nitrides.
Use of oxide processes is restricted to even months (October, December). During odd months (September, November), processes using oxygen as precursor are not permitted to enable deposition of high quality nitrides.
- Automatic load-lock
- Sample size: chips (with carrier wafer and holder) to 200 mm wafers
- Plasma-capable: (ICP)
- Processing temperature range: 80 - 500 Co
- Diffusion enhancer: precursor is kept at an extended period in reactor space to allow diffusion; ideal for complicated 3D structure, ultra-high aspect ratios, only possible using thermal processes
- Complex laminates: Software supports complex recipes.
- Graded laminates: Software supports laminates with graded film thickness.
- Al2O3, TiO2, HfO2
- Er2O3, Yb2O3, Tm2O3
*Other processes can be made but lack development/material.