Allowed materials : Only electroplating compatible photoresists (i.e. AZ 15nXT)
Allowed seed-layer metallization: Cu, Au, Pt & Pd.
Ni electroplating system for plating of conducting or sacrificial layers. The electroplating chemistry nickelsulfamate electroplating process that produces a pure, ductile, fine-grained, semi-bright low stress nickel deposit.
The front side contact requires that the edge of the wafer (5mm edge exclusion) is free from photoresist (also requires edge-bead removal of thick photoresist). Please consider this during photoresist mask design.
The Ni electroplating system has the following functionalities:
- 100 or 150mm circular wafer holders and 156mm square substrate (small diced samples are not currently possible)
- Front side contact
- Light-assisted plating (LED light system, wavelength 535nm and 975nm)
- Backside protection (Backside contact possible on square substrate holder)
- Pump systems with adjustable flow rates (> 1000 l/h)
- Substrate rotation unit (with variable speeds)
- Heating unit (heat exchanger)
- DC and pulsed plating
- Fume hood with media connections.
- Cleaning stations for DI-water cleaning and nitrogen drying.