ALD3 or metal-ALD is primarily intended for the deposition of metals and nitrides.
- Automatic load-lock
- Sample size: chips (with carrier wafer and holder) to 200 mm wafers
- Plasma-capable: (ICP)
- Processing temperature range: 80 - 500 Co
- Diffusion enhancer: precursor is kept at an extended period in reactor space to allow diffusion; ideal for complicated 3D structure, ultra-high aspect ratios, only possible using thermal processes
- Complex laminates: Software supports complex recipes.
- Graded laminates: Software supports laminates with graded film thickness.
- Al2O3, TiO2, HfO2
- Er2O3, Yb2O3, Tm2O3
*Other processes can be made but lack development/material.