Allowed materials : Only electroplating compatible photoresists (i.e. AZ 15nXT)
Allowed seed-layer metallization: Cu, Au, Pt & Pd.
Cu electroplating system for plating of conducting or sacrificial layers. The electroplating chemistry is a sulfuric acid based chemistry, able to plate shiny surface with uniform thicknesses and low stresses.
The front side contact requires that the edge of the wafer (5mm edge exclusion) is free from photoresist (also requires edge-bead removal of thick photoresist). Please consider this during photoresist mask design.
The Cu electroplating system has the following functionalities:
- 100 or 150mm wafer holders (small diced samples are not currently possible)
- Front side contact
- Backside protection
- Pump systems with adjustable flow rates (> 1000 l/h)
- Substrate rotation unit (with variable speeds)
- Cooling unit (mini-chiller)
- DC and pulsed plating
- Fume hood with media connections.
- Cleaning stations for DI-water cleaning and nitrogen drying.